Sunday, March 6, 2016

Resource Sharing: Linda Ashman's Dialogue Manuscripts

If you didn't sign up for ReFoReMo this year, put in on your calendar for 
next year.  Only five days in and I've learned so much.  I've been so inspired
that I've already written this month's 12 x 12 draft.  Great stuff.  Highly
recommended.
I'm participating in Read for Research Month (ReFoReMo) this year.  I'm reading books I may never have found otherwise and being inspired by writers I love.  I'm also learning some new tricks that will help me bring some projects that have been in my head for a while into the world.  I love ReFoReMo and I'm so thankful to Carrie Charley Brown and Kirsti Call for bringing this fun challenge into the world.

This is the first part of the first page of Linda Ashman's picture book 
No Dogs Allowed.  You'll find the rest of the manuscript at the bottom 
One of the wonderful resources I've found is from the author Linda Ashman.  She introduced participants to the idea of a dialogue story.  I love these stories.  However, I'm not an illustrator, so I've felt as if this type of story was beyond me. (Picture book writers are frequently warned about not including too many illustration notes.)  Linda directed us to the bottom of her webpage where she has writer resrouces, including her manuscript submissions for four of her dialogue stories.  Yowzah.  Yippee.  I'm a huge fan of model texts.  I'm so thankful that Linda generously shared these files with us.  Now, in addition to being able to write the pictures I've been seeing in my head, I'm also inspired to revise an exisiting manuscript into a dialogue story--the story it has wanted to be all along.

Thank you Carrie, Kirsti, and Linda for helping me learn new tricks.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete