Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Writing Prompt Wednesday: For the Bees

Image © Lori Gravley
 When I was in elementary school in the 1970s, I remember the stories about the African Bees that were making their way to the United States from South America.  There were dire warnings of bees that would readily attack even cautious people outdoors.  I'm sure I had dreams where I was chased by bees.

Now, the worry about bees is different.  What will we do when there are no bees?  How will plants be pollinated? Many scientists and climate scientists warn us of what will happen if the bee populations continue to decline.

What would a world be like if bees were somehow other than they are--aggressive, nonexistent, or some other permutation that we can't yet imagine.

Write about it in a poem, a story, or a creative non-fiction essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment