Friday, December 30, 2016

Celebrating Rejection

Image © Lori Gravley, 2016.


Yesterday, I celebrated my 245th rejection of the year. I'm a poet, and I count individual poems rejected, but over 40 of these rejections are from agents whom I've sent a number of projects this year--Wish You Were Here, Knowing, Banjo Picking Girl, and The Fisherman and the Whale to name a few.

But yesterday's rejection was the best yet, so I'm hoping that means I'm getting closer. It included such things as . . . "This is truly a lovely text" and "You're a great writer and I'm happy to read this." It also included some advice on how to improve the text.

I'm celebrating all my rejections this year, all 245 of them, and thinking about my goals for next year. I hope you're finding some time at the end of this year to celebrate your creative self and all you've accomplished this year. See you in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment